1. Sarah Joy is our youngest child and was born on this date, 8 years ago. She was named after her Great-Grandmother and the joy in our hearts when we knew she was coming into our family.
2. The last photo I took before having Sarah was of the beautiful blooming peonies in my flower beds. This morning Sarah stood next to them, but spring was late coming this year and they are still only buds. A hope and a promise.
3. Sarah is in 2nd grade and has very nice handwriting (her teacher said so). She loves to read. The last book she read was titled Waiting for the Magic and she liked it very much. “The dogs talk.”
4. Her favorite food is macaroni and cheese.
5. She ordered light-up gloves with her birthday gift card from Uncle Dave.
6. She has requested a vanilla birthday cake with what kind of frosting? “Vanilla”.
7. She used to be seven but now she’s eight.
8. Eight is Great.