Things That Have Been Happening Around Here Lately:
- Rich has been away more than here. (business trips)
- basketball with neighbor boys
- Sarah had a brunch date with friends.
- I bought a giraffe at an estate sale.
- Someone gave me a gospel track — Rich said I must’ve looked in need of Salvation.
- I yelled, “Get OFF the roof!”
- I yelled, “WHAT are you DOING?”
- One of our black cats ate a purple ribbon.
- Sarah broke a rose fiesta bowl.
- We had a warm weather day.
- We had rain.
- We had snow.
- We had ice.
- The boys had baseball practice.
- We are listening to The Hobbit on audible to and from the fields.
- Seth didn’t want to hold my hand on the sidewalk in town. (rite of passage)
- This week is spring break.
- David had an appointment this morning.
- And is now back to bed.
- I said, “If you ask me that one more time you are going to stand in the corner” to my 12 year old.
’tis spring; come out
the hilly brakes around,
For under thorn and bramble
About the hollow ground
The primroses are found. a.e. houseman
bluebird sighting at the suet
One morning I could hear a bird singing and I sighed, “I wish I could identify birds by their sounds.” The children got on the bus and a little while later I went to get in the car and was distracted by the bird that was making that same sound I had heard earlier! So I learned what it was, a Red Headed Woodpecker! I ran to get the camera……..
It slipped the tip of its beak under the edge of the lichen to get bugs; making its calling noise the whole time.
No human has a naturally red head THIS red.
And then, a cardinal appeared.
And a goldfinch. It was a lovely bird morning. I took the photos from the porch.
The children spent the entire day outside on Saturday. In my opinion it was our first spring day. . . . .absolutely gorgeous weather, bare feet, fishing, turtles, basketball, baseball.
Caleb ran to show me the turtle he and Jack found.
And like his big brothers before him, he named it and put it back.
And then they caught a nice fish.
I repotted some plants I started for my friends and family. It’s been fun collected different planters and pots on my thrifting adventures. I’ll have to do a blog post soon to show them off.
life is full and good