The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life’s plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
1. boys love going outside
2. my beautiful billy-cat
3. dripping icicles
4. portrait of Seth (I was trying out a new lens)
5. portrait of Dave
6. portrait of boy and mom
7. children’s favorite way to eat a banana
8. Dave telling me about wrestling practice, when he got choked by his headgear.
9. drawing a secret picture on white paper for sarah
10. the secret picture, revealed with water color paint
11. not happy because mom tried to help, but painted it wrong.
“One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.” Iris Murdock
Hope Davey’s head is ok. (Don’t tell him I called him Davey….I still think of him as Davey-Do!)
Oh, the drama…when Mom’s do not get things just right! *sigh*
So many lovely photos! So much to be thankful for 🙂
super pretty picture of you in #6 and oh, dear to #11.
love the icicle shot too!
happy friday, shan. :)))
Beautiful glimpses into your life Shanda! I love the tenderness of this post.
Continuous small treats. Yes I couldn’t agree more!:) lovely treats!;)
Beautiful icicle photo!
All of these pictures are lovely! You do have a gift!