H E L L O
1. The colors are bright and beautiful here. I’m pretty sure we are at peak now, color-wise. It is sad to think that very soon the trees will be bare, so we are taking every opportunity to get outside and enjoy the beauty while it lasts. I love this time of year. The colors are my favorites; eggplant purple, dark blue, pumpkin orange, dark red. A wardrobe in these colors, please.
2. A picture of Sarah Joy, from a year ago.
3. Thousands of leaves in the woods; this one got photographed.
4. I went to a new Bible study this morning. IT WAS AWESOME, and I thank my sister for inviting me. I can’t wait to go again next week. If you are looking for a group to join, you can click the link to see if there is a Community Bible Study meeting near you.
5. Last year, I was walking constantly, trying to rid myself of an awful depression that had taken hold. On one of those many walks, I noticed a big leaf falling from the sky and impulsively tried to catch it, and did! It felt so good to do something playful. I think it was the first leaf I ever caught from the sky.
6. Anthropologie display picture; I loved the children’s chalkboard (by the arm chair)…this store is full of eye candy.
7. Anthropologie is selling a new style egg crate; look at those colors! I’m looking forward to when my flock of hens starts to lay eggs for me. I miss fresh eggs. Also, I looked through the cookbook and would like to get it someday.
8. Sweet, quirky fun for Seinfeld fans. click here
This old hymn is in my heart today:
“I’ve Found a Friend”
I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love, and thus He bound me to Him;
And round my heart still closely twine those ties which naught can sever,
For I am His, and He is mine, forever and forever.
I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! He bled, He died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life, but His own Self He gave me!
Naught that I have mine own I call, I’ll hold it for the Giver,
My heart, my strength, my life, my all are His, and His forever.
I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! All pow’r to Him is given,
To guard me on my onward course, and bring me safe to heaven.
The eternal glories gleam afar, to nerve my faint endeavor;
So now to watch, to work, to war, and then to rest forever.
I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! So kind and true and tender,
So wise a Counselor and Guide, so mighty a Defender!
From Him who loves me now so well what power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, shall earth or hell? No! I am His forever.
-James Small, 1863