Oh so good! I had to share the recipe. Its quick and easy and perfect.
cake: 1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
topping: 1 8 oz. can drained sliced peaches
1/3 cup sugar
2 T. butter, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 by 8 by 2 inch pan (I used a pie plate).
- To make the cake: In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Add 1 egg and beat well.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture alternately with 1/2 cup milk.
- spread the batter into the prepared pan, top with 1 8 ounce can of drained sliced peaches. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar (or less) and drizzle with 2 T. melted butter.
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
What we didn’t finish while warm, I stored in the fridge. The next morning I had a piece cold in my hand for breakfast! Just as good that way.
I am in Georgia again, with Rich and four of the children. We plan to be here for the month of February.
This morning I am meeting a long time blog-friend. Stay tuned!
This looks delightfully simple. I may give it a try.
Recipe looks tempting! How do the 4 youngest not need to be in school? Have they been doing virtual every day this semester anyway?
That is correct. We switched the children to full-time online work, and they each are set up with study spaces, laptops, and headphones. Rich makes a great “principal” and checks their progress multiple times a week. We did this because winter sports were cancelled.
Thank you for sharing this scrumptious looking recipe! I’ll be sure to try it soon!
Thank you for sharing the recipe! It looks delicious.
What an exciting month this will be for you. How nice to see different scenery, and to experience a warmer climate in the midst of darkest winter. 🙂